Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

On Saturday, Brad and I celebrated our 4th Valentine's Day together. The weather was ridiculously warm (60 degrees), so we spent much of the day on our bikes. Brad surprised me with a beautiful blue bike for Valentine's Day, so I was especially excited to ride around!

We started out by biking to the grocery store and picking up ingredients for our delicious Valentine's Day dinner. Then, we came home and did some chores (sadly enough, we consider this incredibly valuable and somewhat exciting). After we finished cleaning, we took our bicycles down to the Tama River to enjoy some more of the sunshine. We saw people out with their dogs, watched some baseball games and enjoyed some fresh air.

When we got home from our bike ride, the sun was just setting. We made some guacamole, poured a couple glasses of white wine, and sat on our roof top balcony to watch the sun set behind Mt. Fuji.

Once the sun went down, we began making dinner together. The night ended with some Wii competition (which I won, just for the record).

While I don't think that Valentine's Day is the most important holiday, especially since it has turned into a largely consumer driven holiday, I think it is a good reason for us to stop and remember the people we love, romantically or otherwise. With all of the terrible things going on in this world, the last thing I want to do is take those I care about for granted. Life is too short.

That's my two cents for today.

Sending love to you all,

Rachael and Brad

Check out our slide show by clicking on the photo below:

Valentine's 09

1 comment:

Please leave a comment for Brad & Rachael here...