Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fool me once


Last time we ordered pizza, it was for several friends, and we had no idea how large a medium ("eme saizu") pizza would be. It was a major accomplishment for me in using my newly acquired Japanese skills, and our first pizza delivery. Someone told me yesterday that it took her eight years of living in Japan before she was comfortable ordering a pizza over the phone. Yee haw for doing it after 8 months! Sadly, after ordering, we discovered that these so called medium pizzas were just a bit bigger than their American cousin, the "personal pan" pizza.



Since a medium pizza with crazy Japanese toppings goes for about $35-$40.00 (US) we ordered a large pizza and cooked up and added our own veggies of choice. The "halfu and halfu" pizza (1/2 cheese, 1/2 pepperoni) was a relative bargain at only $24.00.



We got fooled the first time by exorbitant prices and deceivingly small sizes, but in the words of the last President...


1 comment:

  1. That was a really good idea to cook-up and add your own veggies! I cannot believe how expensive the pizza is out there... But, it's Japan, right? I should expect something like that to be expensive...
    By the way, the video at the end was a great touch! (it made me laugh out loud)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment for Brad & Rachael here...