Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Good News from Tokyo!

No, we're not pregnant...Just to clear that up right now.

Along with all of the great experiences we have been having in Tokyo so far, we have been able to add a few more things to our list. I (Rachael) am taking Masters classes for Elementary Education and finally got my financial aid figured out (what a relief)! In addition, I completed my first class with a final grade of... an A-!!! That was a very reassuring way to begin my Masters studies, especially since I moved half way across the world in the middle of the first class.

I was already thrilled after all of this, but there is still MORE! I have been substituting here at St. Mary's on and off over the past two weeks. The art teacher for K-3 will be leaving in two weeks for maternity leave (she is having twins) and they needed someone to be her long-term substitute. They asked me today if I would be willing to be that person! Of course I very enthusiastically said 'yes'! I will be working with Kindergarten through grade 3 in art as well as grades 4-6 in English as a Second Language. Now, I won't have to sit in the apartment all day by myself... Ok, I haven't done that too much, but it has been difficult to not have a full-time job.

We have certainly been given some great opportunities here and I am so thankful that the transition has been relatively smooth. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I know that is THE reason that we have been given so many blessings in our short time here in Japan.

2 comments:

  1. kudos |ˈk(y)oōˌdōs; -ˌdōz; -ˌdäs|
    noun
    praise and honor received for an achievement.
    ORIGIN late 18th cent.: Greek.
    USAGE Kudos comes from Greek and means ‘glory.’ Despite appearances, it is not a plural form. This means that there is no singular form kudo and that use as a plural, as in the following sentence, is incorrect:: he received many kudos for his work (correct use is | he received much kudos for his work).

    Thesaurus
    kudos
    noun
    kudos to you, Mrs. White, for a landing a great job | much kudos comes with the graduate school grade
    praise, glory, honor, status, standing, distinction, fame, celebrity; admiration, respect, esteem, acclaim, prestige, cachet, credit, full marks, props.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! I came across your blog because I googled "masters elementary education tokyo." I was just wondering where you're taking your classes now? I've been trying to do research on where to take my masters here in Tokyo. Thank God for you blog! hehe ok.. hope to hear from ya! - lisa

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment for Brad & Rachael here...